[R-sig-ME] glmm with a tweedie distribution

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 02:59:16 CET 2012

Danson, Bryan <Bryan.Danson at ...> writes:

[snip]
>  however I received the following warning:
>
> glm.fit: algorithm did not converge

  This is probably harmless -- it means that an intermediate
GLM step didn't quite work, probably because you have strongly
separated data (i.e. some places/factor combinations
etc. with all-zero or all-one data)

> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to address this?  My data is
> fairly simple, a distance measurement for each of several trap types
> on different dates.

> Also, I was trying to produce a summary of the model, however I cannot get the
commands to work.  I tried
> summary(model) which returned:

> Error in UseMethod("fixef") : no applicable method for 'fixef'
>   applied to an object of class "c('cpglmm', 'mer', 'cplm')"

> >From reading through the literature on the "cplm" package, it suggests:
>
> summary signature(object = "cpglm")

  Can we see the results of sessionInfo()? I suspect you have a
problem with methods from some packages masking others.  If you have
installed lme4 from r-forge, I suspect you should re-install it from
CRAN ...

  Ben