[R-sig-ME] glmm with a tweedie distribution

Zhang,Yanwei Yanwei.Zhang at cna.com
Mon Mar 19 23:16:35 CET 2012

One problem with the "glmmPQL" is that the variance function can not be estimated - you need to pre-specify it in an ad hoc way. The "cpglmm" function in the "cplm" package estimates it directly from the data along with other parameters using MLE. But of course, you can use glmmPQL to generate starting values that are fed to cpglmm.

Regards,
Wayne