[R-sig-ME] Bivariate animal models with both "ill-conditioned G/R structure" and "Mixed model equations singular" errors

chantepie at mnhn.fr chantepie at mnhn.fr
Fri Mar 9 17:33:52 CET 2012

Dear Jarrod and others,

It is not a segfault error, the runs actually stop with one of these two
errors.

My covariates have already been rescaled (centered to be precise). I have
tried to center-reduce the covariates (by usind scale) but the result was the
same.

Also, when I use cubic term for "tse" and "joe" , the models stop running
before 1000 iterations.

Could the problem come from the number of fixed parameters to estimate? It
seems strange because I have a quiet big data set.

kind regards

stephane