[R-sig-ME] error in nlme()

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 16:41:27 CET 2012

amelie pinet <amelie.pinet at ...> writes:

> Hello,
> When using nlme () function I have a error message that I don't understand:
>
> Mod2 <- nlme(Nb_phyto ~dbleseg1(JourJulien,a0,b0,a1,T,a0a),data =
> dataAna,fixed=a0+b0+a1+T+a0a~1,
> random=pdDiag(b0~1),
> start=c(a0=a0init,b0=b0init,a1=a1init,T=Tinit,a0a=a0ainit),na.action=na.omit)
>
> Erreur dans X[, fmap[[nm]]] <- gradnm :
>   le nombre d'objets à remplacer n'est pas multiple de la taille du
> remplacement
> De plus : Il y a eu 47 avis (utilisez warnings() pour les visionner)

   It's hard to answer without a reproducible example:
http://tinyurl.com/reproducible-000 ... the problem *could* be inside
your dbleseg1 function.  Does it work outside of nls/nlme?  Are there
any simplified versions that you have gotten to work?

> I use the following packages:
>
> R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)
> x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
> nlme_3.1-96 rj_1.0.3-7

  It's not necessarily *the* problem, but it would generally be advised
to update to a more recent version of nlme -- especially if we have
trouble reproducing your problem with more recent versions.

  You can use traceback() to try to see where the error came from,
although it's probably pretty deep within a nested set of function
calls ...