[R-sig-ME] LMER vs MLwiN

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 17:02:08 CET 2012

W Robert Long <longrob604 at ...> writes:

> Thanks, but sadly I don't have access to Raudenbush and Bryk book.
> I need to write about this, so a reference would be appreciated, but I'm
> also interested to see/show it in my data.

 I have posted a worked example at http://glmm.wikidot.com/examples ,
specifically

http://glmm.wikidot.com/
http://glmm.wikidot.com/local--files/examples/biglogist.pdf

  I was able to see some relevant bits of Raudenbush and Bryk by
going to Google books, finding the book, and searching for "skewed",
the 7th hit, on p 55, is worth looking at.

>  On 17/02/2012 7:55 PM, Doran, Harold wrote: > Raudenbush and Bryk
> do discuss this in their book if you require a text. But, it is
> quite easy to show. At one point, there was an example of how to do
> this using mcmcsamp() in the lme4 package (I think). But, I don't
> see the lattice plots in that help page now.  >

mcmcsamp doesn't work for GLMMs at present ..