[R-sig-ME] In II[, ii] + REmat$codes[[i]] :

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 18:35:44 CET 2012

Giulia Dotti Sani <giulia.dottisani at ...> writes:

> I'm running the following poisson and I keep getting the same error.
> M01 <- glmmadmb(chi_hh ~ age_m + educ +(1 |country_y), data=data,
> family="poisson")
>
> In II[, ii] + REmat$codes[[i]] :
>   longer object length is not a multiple of shorter object length
>
> I think it has to do with the grouping variable but I don't see what's
> the problem.

  Not reproducible ... post the data somewhere or send them to me?
  Results of sessionInfo() please (i.e. what version of glmmADMB
are you using?)
  For what it's worth, for this problem you could also use glmer,
which might be faster.  glmmADMB really comes into its own for
extended models (zero-inflated or truncated, negative binomial, Beta, etc.) that
glmer can't handle.

  Ben Bolker