[R-sig-ME] covariance structures for longitudinal models

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 17:13:59 CET 2012

Hi Antonio,

I am not familiar with antedependence models so no comment there.

For factor analysis and that genre, I like OpenMx (also see sem and
lavaan).  One thing I like about OpenMx is while it caters to SEM, it
is a general purpose matrix optimizer, and it really is not difficult
to access that power.  So in principal, you can have whatever matrices
you want, roll your own objective function, and away it'll go.

For BUGS you have a lot of options including: R2OpenBUGS and R2WinBUGS
among others.

Cheers,

Josh