[R-sig-ME] Fwd: Re: Question on the glmer function of the lme4 R package

Feddag Mohand-Larbi Mohand-Larbi.Feddag at univ-nantes.fr
Mon Mar 12 10:29:32 CET 2012

Dear Thiery

Thanks for your email.

The subscripts i and j are the subject i and j (in our case the subjects
are the lizards (players)). U is the n vector of the random effects
(U1,...,Un). Each random effect Ui is supposed to be distributed as
normal with mean 0 and variance sigma^2.

For our data (attached in Data.txt file), the matrix is of order
(77*77), and contains  only 100 non missing data (all the remaining are
missing (NA)).

The matrix of covariates (attached in Covariates.txt) is of order (77*4).

We would like to estimate the four fixed effects parameters associated
to the covariate matrix and the variance of the random effects Ui.

Best regards

Dr Feddag