[R-sig-ME] MCMCglmm with cross-classified random effects

Agostino Moro agostino.moro99 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 16:02:20 CET 2012

Dear R-users,

I would like to fit  a glmm with cross-classified random effects with
the function MCMCglmm. Something along the lines:

model1<-MCMCglmm(response~pred1, random=~re1+re2, data=data)

where re1 and re2 should be crossed random effects. I was wondering
whether you could tell me specifying cross-classified random effects
in MCMCglmm requires a particular syntax? Are there any examples
somewhere? I have had a look at the manual and the package vignette,
but I have not been able to find any examples relevant to what I want
to do.

Thanks,

Agostino