[R-sig-ME] Book about linear mixed effects models using R

Andrzej Galecki agalecki at umich.edu
Tue Jan 31 17:43:18 CET 2012

Dear Mixed Models Experts,

My colleague Tomasz Burzykowski from the Hasselt University, Belgium and
I are in a final stage of writing a book about linear mixed effects
models using R. The book focuses on applications of lme() function from
nlme package, but there are some examples of using  lmer() function from
lme4 package. Part I of the book is available at:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~agalecki/BookPartI120131.pdf.

The book underwent two rounds of ''official'' review and selected
portions of it have been read by some members of this list. At this
point, we are getting ready to submit the manuscript to Springer for a
final editorial review.

If  you are willing/be able within the next 4-6 weeks to read selected
chapters of the manuscript, share your comments, suggestions, catch
mistakes, omissions, make syntax more efficient, make sure we are using
proper terminology etc please contact me directly at agalecki at umich.edu.

With warm regards,

Andrzej Galecki
University of Michigan