[R-sig-ME] False convergence in a mixed model.

Luca Borger lborger at cebc.cnrs.fr
Wed Dec 14 11:50:15 CET 2011

Hello,

I've found that sometimes you can get the models to converge by
increasing the value for nAGQ (the default is equal to one, see ?glmer).
However, even if this will lead your model to (apparently) converge
well, I would seriously consider Thierry's remarks.

HTH

Luca

Luca Borger
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
CNRS - Centre d'Etudes Biologiques de Chizé
Villiers-en-Bois
79360 Beauvoir-sur-Niort
France

Tel: +33 (0)549 09 96 13