[R-sig-ME] Maternal Genetic Effects in MCMCglmm

Eryn McFarlane mcfarlas at uoguelph.ca
Thu Oct 13 17:41:34 CEST 2011

Hi Jarrod,

Thanks so much for your help so far.

I tried your advice but I get an error message that I don't understand:

Error in MCMCglmm(LRS ~ 1, random = ~dam + animal, ginverse = list(animal = invA,  :
  animal ginverse appears but pedigree has been passed

I think that this means that I have replaced my pedigree with the ginverse? Is there something that I am missing to make sure that both are included in the model?

Below is some of my code. I hope that I am making a blatantly obvious mistake.

data$dam<-factor(data$dam, levels=levels(data$animal))

invA<-inverseA(ped)

model.LRS.a<-MCMCglmm(LRS~1, random=~dam+animal, ginverse=list(animal=invA, dam=invA),  ped = ped, data=data, prior=prior.LRS.a, nitt=nitt, thin=thin, burnin=burnin, verbose=FALSE, family="poisson", pr=FALSE)

Thank you for your help,
Eryn