[R-sig-ME] Maternal Genetic Effects in MCMCglmm

Eryn McFarlane mcfarlas at uoguelph.ca
Tue Oct 11 21:55:33 CEST 2011

Dear List,

I hope that you can help me. I would like to use MCMCglmm to estimate Maternal Genetic Effects.
I think that what I want to do is use an A matrix for the maternal effects, and I think that I want to do this by linking my "dam" random effect to the pedigree somehow.
Does anyone know if there is a way to do this that is already written into MCMCglmm? I have not seen anything previously in the list about this, so if it exists else where, then that would be excellent as well.

Thank you for your help,

Eryn

Eryn McFarlane
MSc Candidate