[R-sig-ME] installing lme4 and Matrix from R-Forge for R-devel (2.14)

Yvonnick Noel yvonnick.noel at free.fr
Wed Oct 5 09:46:26 CEST 2011

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
> Which platform?  The Windows platform reports a problem with R-devel
> (which is now R-2.14.0 (alpha)) but that doesn't appear to be a
> problem with the package but rather a problem with permissions on
> their build machine.

I too suspect a problem with the site rather than the package. The
reason I ask is that a small package I uploaded on R-Forge (R2STATS, a
GTK interface to glm and glmer) builds OK on R-2.13.2 but not on
R-devel. As R-2.14 is to be released in a month or so, I anticipate a
little bit.

Here is the log message on R-Forge (note the rather old date):

Wed Aug 10 13:13:12 2011: Building binary for package R2STATS (SVN revision NA)
using R Under development (unstable) (2011-08-09 r56686) ...

* installing to library 'R:/lib/R/CRAN/2.14'
* installing *source* package 'R2STATS' ...
** R
** Creating default NAMESPACE file
Warning: only LazyLoad = TRUE is supported
** preparing package for lazy loading
Warning: S3 methods 'print.sparseSummary', 'c.abIndex' were declared in NAMESPACE but not found
Error in library.dynam(lib, package, package.lib) :
   DLL 'Matrix' not found: maybe not installed for this architecture?
Error : package 'lme4' could not be loaded
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'R2STATS'
* removing 'R:/lib/R/CRAN/2.14/R2STATS'
Run time: 3.41 seconds.

> I'll try the latest SVN versions on Win-builder but I don't think
> there are problems with the packages.  If they compile and pass their
> tests on Win-builder.R-forge.R-project.org I'll check with Ben about
> updating the versions on the archive at
> lme4.r-forge.r-project.org/repos

Thank you.

Y.