[R-sig-ME] installing lme4 and Matrix from R-Forge for R-devel (2.14)

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Mon Oct 3 18:25:14 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Yvonnick Noel <yvonnick.noel at free.fr> wrote:
> Hello,

> I note there is a problem compiling the Matrix and lme4 packages on R-Forge
> for R-devel (2.14).

Which platform?  The Windows platform reports a problem with R-devel
(which is now R-2.14.0 (alpha)) but that doesn't appear to be a
problem with the package but rather a problem with permissions on
their build machine.

I'll try the latest SVN versions on Win-builder but I don't think
there are problems with the packages.  If they compile and pass their
tests on Win-builder.R-forge.R-project.org I'll check with Ben about
updating the versions on the archive at
lme4.r-forge.r-project.org/repos