[R-sig-ME] trying to reproduce useR!2011 nlmer examples

Thomas Petzoldt Thomas.Petzoldt at TU-Dresden.de
Wed Oct 12 22:30:41 CEST 2011

Dear list, Dear Douglas Bates,

first of all, many thanks for the very instructive and effective
useR!2011 tutorial about mixed models including the very helpful
background information!

I'm now trying to understand the nlmer examples from the remaining Part
5, before going to a similar problem with our data, but was not able to
reproduce it because of the following error message in code chunk
"number 3: nm1" of file 5NLMM.R:

Th.start <- c(lKe = -2.5, lKa = 0.5, lCl = -3)
nm1 <- nlmer(conc ~ SSfol(Dose, Time,lKe, lKa, lCl) ~
              0+lKe+lKa+lCl+(0+lKe|Subject)+(0+lKa|Subject)
              +(0+lCl|Subject), nAGQ=0, Theoph,
              start = Th.start, verbose=2L)

Error in FUN(X[[1L]], ...) : no loop for break/next, jumping to top level

First question, is it correct to try this with lme4? (I also tried to
compile lme4a from r-forge, but had a compatibility issue with Rcpp.)

I've checked the most recent versions of Matrix 1.0-0 and lme4
0.999375-42 on both R 2.13.2 and R-devel on Windows and also R 2.13.1 on
Linux (Debian wheezy 64bit), but the problem is reproducible.

Thank you

Thomas Petzoldt

--
Dr. Thomas Petzoldt