[R-sig-ME] suggestions for estimating confidence intervals with only 1.5 GB of ram?

Andrew Miles rstuff.miles at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 02:22:36 CEST 2011

I believe what David was pointing out was that your random effect for
yearMonth has a variance of 0.000000.  That suggests to me that there
is no yearMonth level variation for your model to explain - i.e. you
don't need to use a mixed model but can use OLS or GLM.

As for the autocorrelation, have you checked your data for
autocorrelation using a test like the Durban-Watson test (dwtest
{lmtest})?  If so and it is a problem, you might want to use an OLS or
GLM model with corrected standard errors, which can be found in the
sandwich package (vcovHAC function).

If you want confidence intervals and have some time to kill,
bootstrapping is probably a pretty good approach.

Andrew Miles