[R-sig-ME] Status of the development package lme4a

Matthias Gralle gralle at bioqmed.ufrj.br
Wed Apr 20 16:13:26 CEST 2011

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 14:20:42 -0500, Douglas Bates wrote
> I'm probably not the best person to test something like
>
> svn checkout svn://svn.r-forge.r-project.org/svnroot/lme4
>
> but I did get a response.  I would start by listing the
> subdirectories as there are many and you don't want them all
>
> bates at bates3:/tmp$ svn list svn://svn.r-forge.r-project.org/svnroot/lme4
> branches/
> pkg/
> www/
>
> What you really want is in
>
>  svn list svn://svn.r-forge.r-project.org/svnroot/lme4/pkg/lme4a

I have managed to install lme4a by http from the SVN repository (nightly SVN
tree snapshot) and compile it. Ch1.R runs without a problem, specifically

>pr1 <- profile(fm1ML)

works fine, but

> env(fm1ML)$Lambda
Error: could not find function "env"

Does this version of lme4a not include "env" anymore? Below are the exact
versions.

> R.Version()
$platform
[1] "i386-apple-darwin9.8.0"