[R-sig-ME] lmer and p-values

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 23:14:34 CEST 2011

On 03/28/2011 01:05 PM, Iker Vaquero Alba wrote:

>    Also, how would it be possible to guess an appropriate denominator df?
>
>    Thanks

  For example, consider the denominator dfs expected from the classical
literature with each set of blocks that you are using, considered
separately (e.g. for 10 spatial blocks and 19 temporal blocks, compute
the classical expectation for spatial blocking only and temporal
blocking only).  Use the smaller of these df as a conservative estimate.