[R-sig-ME] Another MCMCglmm question - fixing correlations

Jarrod Hadfield j.hadfield at ed.ac.uk
Mon Dec 6 12:40:17 CET 2010

Hi Malcolm,

I'm glad MCMCglmm seems to fit spatial simultaneous autoregressive lag
models . I had never heard of them before, but looking at some of the
literature I agree they can be modeled using the sir function.  The
code is not thoroughly tested (I have only used it on one real data
set, for which it was intended) and is not efficient yet for large
models, so I would treat with caution. In particular MCMCglmm is
constraining rho such that L (I-rho*W) is positive definite and I am
not sure this is a valid strategy for all SIR models.  Any pointers,
particularly to the relevant literature would be welcome.

Cheers,

Jarrod

On 5 Dec 2010, at 16:16, Malcolm Fairbrother wrote:

> spatial simultaneous autoregressive lag models

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.