[R-sig-ME] question about random coefficients model (RCM)

Andrew Dolman andydolman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 21:45:45 CEST 2010

Hi Jose

data.nation is not present in the the fixed effects specification of
your model, so coef() won't work, but ranef() should. Your model
assumes that there is no overall relationship between data.gini_net
and data.nation and yet allows for a relationship within the
sub-groups defined by data.neocorporatism_std, with a slope that
varies randomly between groups but is zero overall. That's probably
not what you want.

I also notice that data.neocorporatism seems to have been standardised
somehow, which would be odd for a categorical variable used to group
things.

andydolman at gmail.com