[R-sig-ME] Failure to load lme4 on Mac

Daniel Myall daniel.lists at zeno.co.nz
Fri Jul 16 01:47:13 CEST 2010

I've attempted to reproduce the error seen on the CRAN on several Mac OS
X machines and haven't been able to. I'm able to build the CRAN lme4
version and the svn versions of lme4 and lme4a without issues.

There is obviously an interaction with lme4 and the version of xcode
installed on the CRAN Mac OS build machine that is resulting in the test
failure. Is there a page that details the setup of the Mac OS X CRAN
build machine?

I'm happy to determine what is going on and attempt to resolve this (it
will mean I don't have to custom compile lme4 for users all the time).

Daniel