[R-sig-ME] Another case of -1.0 correlation of random effects

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Tue Apr 13 15:22:30 CEST 2010

  Something (don't know what) is currently broken in the lme4a build
process on r-forge, which doesn't necessarily mean that the package
itself is broken (it passes tests and installs fine on my system).  You
have two choices:

 (1) follow the instructions on r-forge to download the full SVN
repository; build the package from source. (You will need SVN tools as
well as the full suite of R-building tools -- compiler etc etc.)

 (2) I can send/post a binary build of the current SVN version easily
(which will install if you have the necessary tools to build from source
-- this gets you out of needing the SVN tools above, but you still need
compiler etc). I have shipped a version off to the R-project windows
cross-building service, so I could also send/post a Windows binary if
you like. Can you send sessionInfo() output?

--
Ben Bolker
Associate professor, Biology Dep't, Univ. of Florida