[R-sig-ME] Another case of -1.0 correlation of random effects

Kevin E. Thorpe kevin.thorpe at utoronto.ca
Tue Apr 13 14:57:20 CEST 2010

Douglas Bates wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 8:00 AM, Kevin E. Thorpe
> <kevin.thorpe at utoronto.ca> wrote:
>> Kevin E. Thorpe wrote:
>>>
>> Regarding lme4a: how do I obtain it?  I guess that comes down to, what is
>> the repository to give to install.packages()?  Does it require a different
>> Matrix package than the one I have, which is, 0.999375-33 and if so, how do
>> I not break my current lme4/Matrix combination?
>
> The repository is http://R-forge.R-project.org but be aware that lme4a
> is under active development and not guaranteed against breakage.  It
> would be inadvisable to rely on functions and classes in that package
> to persist.

I tried to get lme4a but am having problems.

 > install.packages("lme4a", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
Warning message:
In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
   package 'lme4a' is not available

Also, if I try and download the package source directly from:

http://r-forge.r-project.org/src/contrib/lme4a_0.999375-48.tar.gz

which comes from the "R Packages" tab of the lme4 project pages I get
"PAGE NOT FOUND."

--
Kevin E. Thorpe
Biostatistician/Trialist, Knowledge Translation Program