[R-sig-ME] Science Fair data

Doug Adams fog0 at gmx.com
Wed Jan 27 21:53:58 CET 2010

Hi, and thanks again.  That makes sense with the 3 levels of division:

(Intercept) divisionJunior divisionSenior
     80.306526      -3.252372      -2.694055

...so that the Junior and Senior levels are both slightly lower than
the Elementary level.

I'd love to really understand the summary of lmer and what ranef,
fixef, coef and fitted are extracting - so that probably means I don't
understand the basics and nomenclature of HLMing as I thought I might
have.  I took a 1-week class on HLM, and I have the book you (Douglas
Bates) wrote...  Maybe I just need to study up on things a little
better!

Anyway, I appreciate your help very much   : )

Doug