[R-sig-ME] Categorical data repeated on time analysis

Marcelo Laia marcelolaia at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 03:55:06 CET 2010

I have posted a message on R-help (http://tinyurl.com/ybdgref) about
an experiment with categorical data along the time.

I do not explain very well my plot (nor my split).

I work with nematode and I put about 400 specimens on a Petri dishes
and divided it in three parts. Each part is analyzed on a time point.
This is the reason that I need to consider the living nematode, too.

I follow the Dennis suggestions  and have looked at lme4 functions,
lmer() and glmer(). Also, I looked at the archives of
r-sig-mixed-models, too. But, I dont't found any similar issue. I am a
biologist that know a litlle about statistics and a little more about
R.

I try to work with percentage, too, but I am not secure because the
data have a lot of zero (on the control, all nematode remain living).

What you suggest for me?

Have you a example for share? Or a paper? Or tutorial?

Thank you very much!

--
Marcelo Luiz de Laia
Lages - SC - Brazil