[R-sig-ME] Problem installing RLRsim

Margaret Mackinnon mmackinnon at kilifi.kemri-wellcome.org
Fri Jun 12 16:33:36 CEST 2009

Thanks.  I turned off McAfee virus software and it worked.

Mgt

Dr. Margaret Mackinnon

KEMRI-Wellcome Collaborative Programme, Coast
PO Box 230
Kilifi
Kenya
mmackinnon at kilifi.kemri-wellcome.org
+ 254 417 522535 Ext 228
+ 254 417 522390

On 6/12/2009 8:00 AM, Margaret Mackinnon wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to install RLRsim.  I get an error message (below) saying that access is denied to one of the files
>
> Error:  Access is denied.
> Cannot create C:\Program Files\R\R-2.8.1\library\RLRsim\RLRsim\libs\RLRsim.dll
>
> Leow this message is the log when I try to use Winzip to unpack it. I get the same message as above when installing it through the R-GUI.
>
> Thanks in advance for advice.

  It works for me using install.packages():

> install.packages("RLRsim")
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
trying URL 'http://cran.fhcrc.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.9/RLRsim_2.0-2.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 254255 bytes (248 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 248 Kb

package 'RLRsim' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded packages are in
        C:\Documents and Settings\Chuck\Local
Settings\Temp\RtmpDyABNe\downloaded_packages
updating HTML package descriptions

> library(RLRsim)

> library(mgcv)
This is mgcv  1.5-5 . For overview type `help("mgcv-package")'.

> data(trees)

> m.q<-gamm(I(log(Volume)) ~ Height + s(Girth, m = 3), data = trees,
method = "REML")$lme

> exactRLRT(m.q)

        simulated finite sample distribution of RLRT.  (p-value based on
10000 simulated values)

data:
RLRT = 0, p-value = 1

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.9.0 Patched (2009-05-23 r48600)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
States.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United
States.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] nlme_3.1-92  mgcv_1.5-5   RLRsim_2.0-2

[1] grid_2.9.0      lattice_0.17-25 tools_2.9.0

> [...]
> Extracting 00Index.html
> Extracting exactLRT.html
> Extracting exactRLRT.html
> Extracting extract.lmeDesign.html
> Extracting LRTSim.html
> Extracting RLRsim-package.html
> Extracting INDEX
> creating: C:\Program Files\R\R-2.8.1\library\RLRsim\RLRsim\latex\
> Extracting exactLRT.tex
> Extracting exactRLRT.tex
> Extracting extract.lmeDesign.tex
> Extracting LRTSim.tex
> Extracting RLRsim-package.tex
> creating: C:\Program Files\R\R-2.8.1\library\RLRsim\RLRsim\libs\
> Error:  Access is denied.
> Cannot create C:\Program Files\R\R-2.8.1\library\RLRsim\RLRsim\libs\RLRsim.dll
> creating: C:\Program Files\R\R-2.8.1\library\RLRsim\RLRsim\man\
> Extracting RLRsim.Rd.gz
> Extracting MD5
> creating: C:\Program Files\R\R-2.8.1\library\RLRsim\RLRsim\Meta\
> Extracting hsearch.rds
> Extracting nsInfo.rds
> Extracting package.rds
> Extracting Rd.rds
> Extracting NAMESPACE
> creating: C:\Program Files\R\R-2.8.1\library\RLRsim\RLRsim\R\
> Extracting RLRsim
> Extracting RLRsim.rdb
> Extracting RLRsim.rdx
> creating: C:\Program Files\R\R-2.8.1\library\RLRsim\RLRsim\R-ex\
> Extracting exactLRT.R
> Extracting exactRLRT.R
> Extracting extract.lmeDesign.R
> Extracting LRTSim.R
>

> Dr. Margaret Mackinnon
>
> KEMRI-Wellcome Collaborative Programme, Coast
> PO Box 230
> Kilifi
> Kenya
> mmackinnon at kilifi.kemri-wellcome.org
> + 254 417 522535 Ext 228
> + 254 417 522390
>

> This e-mail (including any attachment to it) contains information
> which is confidential. It is intended only for the use of the named
> recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error, please let us know
> by replying to the sender, and immediately delete it from your system.
> Please note, that in these circumstances, the use, disclosure,
> distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. We
> apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused to you.
> KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Programmecannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy
> or completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a public
> network. KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Programme reserves the right to monitor all incoming and
> outgoing email traffic. Although the Programme has taken reasonable
> precautions to ensure no viruses are present in emails, it cannot
> accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of the
> email or attachments. Any views expressed in this message are those of
> the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them
> to be the views of KEMRI- Wellcome Trust Programme".

Chuck Cleland, Ph.D.
NDRI, Inc. (www.ndri.org)
71 West 23rd Street, 8th floor
New York, NY 10010