[R-sig-ME] Can interaction term cause Estimates and Std. Errors to be too large?

Ken Beath ken at kjbeath.com.au
Mon Mar 30 12:08:58 CEST 2009

I meant overfitting in the sense of trying to fit too complex a model,
which is the same as what you are describing. Gelman has some papers
on the use of priors, one is http://projecteuclid.org/DPubS?service=UI&version=1.0&verb=Display&handle=euclid.aoas/1231424214
  In the case of complete separation the results seem to be very
dependent on the prior which doesn't look to be a good thing. It would
appear much better to admit that there is insufficient data to perform
the analysis.

Ken