[R-sig-ME] Correlation of Fixed Effects

Gorjanc Gregor Gregor.Gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Mon Feb 9 22:52:20 CET 2009

Hi!

The default print method outputs also Correlation of Fixed Effects.
How is this computed and what does it actually represent? I have two models
that essentially give me the same message, but in one model the correlations
between covariates are really high 0.9 and higher, while in other model use of
poly(), reduced correlations a lot! Should I care?

Thanks!

Lep pozdrav / With regards,
    Gregor Gorjanc
University of Ljubljana       PhD student
Biotechnical Faculty          www: http://gregor.gorjanc.googlepages.com
Department of Animal Science  blog: http://ggorjan.blogspot.com
Groblje 3                     mail: gregor.gorjanc <at> bfro.uni-lj.si
SI-1230 Domzale               fax: +386 (0)1 72 17 888
Slovenia, Europe              tel: +386 (0)1 72 17 861