[R-sig-ME] logistic model with exponential decay

Stijn Ruiter s.ruiter at maw.ru.nl
Sun Dec 21 21:02:30 CET 2008

Hi,
I have official judicial data on criminal offending (dichotomous
dependent variable=conviction(=Y)) of all (adult) children of fathers
who differ with respect to their level of criminal behavior. These data
were registered on a yearly basis. So, I am able to follow people over
the course of their lives and model whether they get convicted. I intend
to estimate a discrete-time logit model on a person-year file. Of
course, because children are nested within their fathers, I need to take
that into account. Furthermore, many subjects get convicted more than
once during their lives, so I need to estimate a repeated events model.
I have several time-constant variables (e.g., gender) and several
time-varying variables (e.g., number of years since father committed a
crime(=T)). I would like to estimate something like this:

logit(Y) ~ alpha + beta1*GENDER + exp(-T/beta2) + ... + error term for nesting within fathers + error term for nesting within subject

Stijn

--
Best regards,

Stijn Ruiter