[R-sig-ME] warnings ranef and design of a binomial model

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Wed Sep 10 15:43:38 CEST 2008

I think we would need at least the output from traceback() to see
where the error is occurring.  Better yet would be to have access to
the data so we could try out the model fits.  Sometimes these errors
show up deep inside another computation.  Does

ranef(mod.glmer)

produce a result?  I'm trying to decide if the problem is in the
postVar part or in the ranef part.