[R-sig-ME] Can lme allow for serial correlation and 'pure' measurement error?

Andrew Robinson A.Robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au
Fri May 30 02:46:02 CEST 2008

I don't think that lme can do that out of the box.

One hack to get around the problem would be to use the mean of the
multiple measurements, also record the standard error of measurements
within examination and feed the latter into a variance model using the
weights argument.

I hope that this helps,

Andrew