[R-sig-ME] Status of HPDinterval

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Mon May 5 15:14:03 CEST 2008

My intention is to modify the scale on which the estimates of the
variance components are estimated and then allow a VarCorr method for
the mcmcsamp object.  The VarCorr method will allow specification of
the scale.  The point of the new scale is that it allows the variance
components to be zero but also to switch from zero to nonzero during
the MCMC process.  It would be possible to specify an HPD interval on
the logarithm scale but, natually, there would need to be some
provision for the zeros in the chain.

Regrettably it will be at least a week or two before I can resume
coding and checking this representation and sampling method.  Another
project will dominate this week, which also is the last teaching week
of our semester.