[R-sig-ME] how to know if random factors are significant?

Leonel Arturo Lopez Toledo llopez at oikos.unam.mx
Wed Apr 2 12:39:09 CEST 2008

Dear all:
Thank you very much all for your comments. I’m trying everything you said and checked
random factor reduced the p-values for fixed effects (as John mentioned) and this new
model has not better significant power indicated by the likelihood ration test.
So, even with a low Variance the random factor must be used in a mix model effects.

Thank you very much for your help. I'm understanding and learning so much with the "R-
help lists".

Leo

y se considera que está limpio.
For all your IT requirements visit: http://www.transtec.co.uk