[R-sig-ME] R-forge problem (windows binary packages)! {Re: ... lme4 ...}

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Fri Nov 30 19:45:26 CET 2007

On Nov 30, 2007 11:26 AM, Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch> wrote:

>     DM> Douglas Bates <bates at ...> writes:
>     >> Starting tomorrow you should also be able to install the development
>     >> version of the package with
>     >>
>     >> install.packages("lme4", repos = "http://r-forge.r-project.org")
>     >>

>     DM> When I try this, I get:
>
>     >> install.packages("lme4", repos = "http://r-forge.r-project.org")
>     DM> Warning: unable to access index for repository
>     DM> http://r-forge.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.6
>     DM> Warning message:
>     DM> package 'lme4' is not available
>
> I see a severe problem with R-forge at the moment :
> The 2.6   bin/windows/ directory looks completely empty.
>
> Martin

Also, the link labeled win32-latest.zip on the SCM page for the lme4
package on R-forge does not contain a Win32 binary package.  Instead
it is the build log.

The source package, labelled src-latest.tar.gz, does appear to be intact.

I will be updating the sources for the package this afternoon.  I
finally got generalized linear mixed models working in the development
version.  If the problem for Windows binary packages on R-forge is
resolved (it does look as if they are being built - I think the
problem is that the wrong file is being returned from the build
process) soon I will just ask Windows users to wait for a day or two.
If it is still a problem early next week I will create a Windows
binary package using win-builder.r-project.org and make it available
via http.