[R-sig-ME] NAEP Data and lmer

Roberts, J. Kyle jkrobert at bcm.tmc.edu
Thu Jun 7 17:40:54 CEST 2007

Harold,

I just want to use R to analyze NAEP data in a multilevel framework.  I don't want to actually calculate plausible values (if I understood your question correctly).  I was wondering if I would need to run 5 separate analyses and then average across those values or if there was some built-in function
in R that would let me run all five analyses simultaneously (like how SPSS handles NAEP data with regression and ANOVA).  For my analyses, I am wanting to look at student-level science scores nested within states.  I am wanting to do this to see the effect of states adding science components to
their state mandated standardized assessments (like Texas did a few years back).  This is more curiosity on my part than any rigorous study.  Regardless, I would be very interested in seeing the vignette for the class.acc() function.

Thanks,
Kyle

J. Kyle Roberts, Ph.D.
Baylor College of Medicine