[R-meta] Hypothesis Testing of R2 in metafor

Zhouhan Jin zj|n65 @end|ng |rom uwo@c@
Tue May 28 18:28:22 CEST 2024

Thanks for the link regarding the CIs for R^2.

But my question was: can one, in principle, take the p-value used to test the null that all model coefs are zero to also serve as a null hypothesis test of R^2 being zero or there is a separate hypothesis test for R^2 (again in principle)?

In fact, is such a principle used in meta-analysis as I (think) it is used in regular regression (below)?

summary(lm(mpg ~ cyl, data= mtcars))$fstatistic

Best wishes,

Zhouhan