[R-meta] Inverse weighting after estimation of VCOV

James Pustejovsky jepu@to @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri May 24 19:06:45 CEST 2024

Hi David,

I don't entirely understand the models that you're looking at, so
clarifying the following would help in getting good feedback:
* What is the variable `shared_variance` used in the vcalc call?
* What is the variable `number` used in the random effects argument of
rma.mv?
* How are these variables related?

Additionally, it would be good to check that the vcov matrix created by
vcalc() is as you intend it to be. Could you pull out the blocks of this
matrix for a few studies and just verify that they give you covariance
matrices with a correlation of 0.7? I mean something like:
vcov_study_k <- V_mat[i:j, i:j]
cov2cor(vcov_study_k)
where the indices i:j are the rows in your data corresponding to a given
study k.

James