[R-meta] How to get an I^2 and tests for Residual Heterogeneity and Moderators for a model averaged output

Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (NP) wo||g@ng@v|echtb@uer @end|ng |rom m@@@tr|chtun|ver@|ty@n|
Wed May 22 14:47:37 CEST 2024

Dear Maggie,

I am not aware of any 'canned solutions' for this. But I don't see why one cannot just compute the weighted average of the I^2 values like one would do with other quantities (where the weights are the model probabilities).

As for directly combining the results from tests (e.g., the test for residual heterogeneity or an omnibus test of multiple moderators): No idea. I don't recall seeing anything about this in Anderson (2008) or Burnham and Anderson (2002) (they don't consider meta-analysis, but the issue must come up in other situations like regular regression models) and a quick online search also didn't yield any useful results. Maybe some method for combining p-values that allows for weights could be used? But this is just a thought, nothing further than that.