[R-meta] Confidence Intervals after aggregating estimates

Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (NP) wo||g@ng@v|echtb@uer @end|ng |rom m@@@tr|chtun|ver@|ty@n|
Wed May 22 12:57:45 CEST 2024

Dear Max,

Simply put, the variance components also affect studies with a single estimate. For example, for study 4, the new sampling variance in 'agg' is simply the original sampling variance plus the sum of the two variance components:

agg[agg$study == 4,]
dat$vi[dat$study == 4] + sum(res$sigma2)