[R-meta] Meta-analysis of proportion differences (certain cells frequency)

Jakub Ruszkowski j@kub@ru@zkow@k| @end|ng |rom gumed@edu@p|
Mon Mar 11 17:42:59 CET 2024

Dear All,

I am looking for guidance on performing a meta-analysis of the proportions
difference using R. Specifically, I am interested in analyzing the difference
in certain cell frequencies: for example, the difference in lymphocyte% among
all white blood cells between patients and healthy individuals, without having
information about the total white blood cell count.

I would appreciate it if anyone could provide insights or point me in the
right direction regarding the appropriate R packages and methods for
conducting such a meta-analysis. On a related note, I came across information
suggesting that the difference between two beta distributions (likely
representing fraction values) does not follow a normal distribution:
https://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2023/03/01/distribution-difference-beta.html.
Because of that, I am afraid that I cannot use rma function.

Thank you in advance for your time and support.

Best regards,

Jakub Ruszkowski
Department of Nephrology, Transplantology and Internal Medicine
Medical University of Gdańsk