[R-meta] [External] RE: Effect Sizes and Beta Coefficients

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Mon Jun 17 17:12:46 CEST 2024

Dear Rebecca

In general estimates adjusted for different sets of covariates are not
directly comparable. If the sets are almost the same then you may be
able to argue for including them. It might also depend on strategic
questions like how many studies you already have and whether adding one
more is worth the hassle of explaining why you included it.

In short as so often the answer is, how brave do you feel?

Michael