[R-meta] Fwd: Question on Umbrella review and other types

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Mon Apr 22 17:22:42 CEST 2024

There is a package https://cran.r-project.org/package=metaumbrella on
CRAN which performs umbrella reviews. Whether what they mean by umbrella
is what you mean is open to question.

Michael

On 22/04/2024 15:44, Dr. Gerta Rücker via R-sig-meta-analysis wrote:
> Hi (whoever you are),
>
> If you want to repeat the old meta-analysis anyway, assuming that all studies adhere to some common well-defined inclusion criteria,  then why not conducting a meta-analysis including the union of all studies included in the two older reviews and the new studies? This would simply be an updated review, not necessarily an umbrella review.
>
> Best,
> Gerta
>

> UNIVERSITÄTSKLINIKUM FREIBURG
> Institute for Medical Biometry and Statistics
>
> Dr. Gerta Rücker
> Guest Scientist
>
> Stefan-Meier-Straße 26 · 79104 Freiburg
> gerta.ruecker using uniklinik-freiburg.de
>
> https://www.uniklinik-freiburg.de/imbi-en/employees.html?imbiuser=ruecker

Michael