[R-meta] Standardized mean differences with rma.mv?

Will Hopkins w|||thek|w| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Apr 16 23:38:46 CEST 2024

I searched the archive, and if I missed it, I apologize, but is it true to
say that currently multivariate analyses of the kind offered by rma.mv
(when, for example, studies provide two or more estimates for the meta) do
not allow for calculation of standardized effects of the kind offered by
escalc (e.g., using measure="SMD1")? I realize one could do the analyses
oneself with rma.mv by pre-standardizing the mean effects, but you would
have to be quite savvy with estimating the standard errors of the
standardized effects.

Will