[R-meta] "Favours experimental/vaccinated", "Favours control" - Metafor

Andrzej Andrzej x@|3111@deve|oper@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Oct 29 16:30:24 CET 2023

Hi,

I have a question about: "Favours experimental","Favours control" ?

How do I do it correctly ?

This is very easy for me to mix it up.

https://www.metafor-project.org/doku.php/plots:forest_plot_bmj

### add 'Favours control'/'Favours experimental' text below the x-axis
text(c(-1,1), -2.5, c("Favors control","Favors experimental"), pos=c(4,2),
offset=-0.3)

How do I do it, that this is not the other way around, please ? And that my
plot is correct and consistent with the data ?
  As a beginner in metafor I am able to easily mix it up like this and now
this is not reflecting the truth:

text(c(-1,1), -2.5, c("Favours experimental", "Favours control"),
pos=c(4,2), offset=-0.3)
How do I know which way is correct ? In other words how do I know where to
place "Favours experimental" or "Favours Vaccinated" when I use bcg data,
left or right from 0 ?
 I have done metafor::reporter(res) but still no clues in which
direction/favour are the results/labels should be placed ?

Is it possible to tweak reporter() function to show it ?

Thank you very much in advance.
regards,
Andrzej