[R-meta] multiple models in one study

Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (NP) wo||g@ng@v|echtb@uer @end|ng |rom m@@@tr|chtun|ver@|ty@n|
Thu Mar 23 09:14:01 CET 2023

Dear Valeria,

I would say this depends on the aims. If there is one key predictor of interest, then I would focus on that. If that's not the case, then I would extract all the ones that are of interest. Taking an average of all coefficients (if this is what the "average-set" approach entails) doesn't make much sense to me unless they are all measuring the same construct in the same direction and in the same units (all unlikely).

If you extract multiple coefficients, you of course have to account for the fact that they are not independent.