[R-meta] Add risk of bias to meta's default forest plot

Dr. Gerta Rücker gert@@ruecker @end|ng |rom un|k||n|k-|re|burg@de
Mon Mar 20 22:42:36 CET 2023

Hi Jorge,

you can do this using the arguments rightcols and rightlabs (or leftcols and leftlabs). For example, take the first meta-analysis in the help file of metacont():

data(Fleiss1993cont)
# Meta-analysis with Hedges' g as effect measure
#
m1 <- metacont(n.psyc, mean.psyc, sd.psyc, n.cont, mean.cont, sd.cont,
  data = Fleiss1993cont, sm = "SMD")
rob <- LETTERS[1:5]                                         # Only as an example
m1$rob <- rob                                                  # rob must be a part of the meta-analysis object
forest(m1, rightcols = c("effect", "ci", "w.random", "rob"),
  rightlabs = c("SMD", "95%-CI", "Weight (random)", "Risk of bias"))

Note that the column names "effect", "ci", "w.random" are fixed names, as seen in the help of forest.meta().

Best,
Gerta

UNIVERSITÄTSKLINIKUM FREIBURG
Institute for Medical Biometry and Statistics

Dr. Gerta Rücker
Guest Scientist

Stefan-Meier-Straße 26 · 79104 Freiburg
gerta.ruecker using uniklinik-freiburg.de

https://www.uniklinik-freiburg.de/imbi-en/employees.html?imbiuser=ruecker