[R-meta] Question about function reporter()

Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (NP) wo||g@ng@v|echtb@uer @end|ng |rom m@@@tr|chtun|ver@|ty@n|
Fri Jun 16 10:44:51 CEST 2023

As for your actual question: That's a bit too broad. Essentially, you need to familiarize yourself with what people typically report for standard RE models (as reporter() does), then familiarize yourself with what people report meta-regression models (since you have a meta-regression model), and then consider how the random effects structure of your model differs from a standard RE model and how this might affect what to report. I am not aware of any papers that will walk you through all of that. People typically learn reporting practices from what other people have done, so reading lots of existing meta-analyses will give you a sense of how this is done.

This aside, I am not sure what you hope to accomplish by adding a random effect for whether the outcome is positive or negative. Also, your model does not capture any heterogeneity beyond this, so it isn't really a random-effects model (or something akin to it).