[R-meta] Why total variation differs in two rma.mv models?

Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (NP) wo||g@ng@v|echtb@uer @end|ng |rom m@@@tr|chtun|ver@|ty@n|
Tue Jan 10 08:12:26 CET 2023

Dear Yuhang,

If the moderators account for (at least some of the) heterogeneity, then this is exactly what should happen (in m2, the variance components reflect heterogeneity not accounted for by the moderators).