[R-meta] Interpreting multi-level eggers test

Röhl, Sebastian @eb@@t|@n@roeh| @end|ng |rom un|-tueb|ngen@de
Tue Feb 14 13:37:48 CET 2023

Hi Katherine,

I would interpret it as follows:
Studies with larger SEs show a significantly larger effect size. Lager SEs mean smaller sample sizes.
Therefore, the test indicates a probable publication bias, as small studies with small (and therefore non-significant) effects are less present in your study pool.

Best,
Sebastian

****************************
Dr. Sebastian Röhl
Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen
Institute for Educational Science
Tübingen School of Education (TüSE)
Wilhelmstraße 31 / Room 302
D-72074 Tübingen
Germany

Phone: +49 7071 29-75527
Fax: +49 7071 29-35309
Email: sebastian.roehl using uni-tuebingen.de<mailto:sebastian.roehl using uni-tuebingen.de>